Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Gripe Session
Today.
Well...I have a feeling I should have called this the grip category. Generally speaking, it better be Psalm-like. You know, David gripes and feels like the world is caving in for 30 verses, and the 31, he proclaims, "But, praise be to God who always leads us into triumph through Christ Jesus our Lord!" Oh. Paul said that?
Anyway. You get the point.
Today? God leads. I follow. He's not there. Game of chace.
Cat and mouse.
As C.S. Lewis calls is in Chronicles of Narnia, a game of "Tig", which my son and I only assume means "tag".
Tonight was Bible Study. I think our trusty leader thought this week's content overall too involved and heavy for us as I did doing it...we digressed most of the night to minutia.
Left me a little frustrated, seeing the importance of the content and how I struggled throught it, both in life, and in the study. "Reconciliation". "Evaluation with Friends". Wow. Have a week like we've had, busy, stressful, late nights, and add some thoughts of God's standards for reconciliation and throw your spouse a relationship evaluation quiz you are both supposed to lovingly fill out. Geez. Just kill me now.
Not that I don't WANT to know. I just don't want to know.
Know what I mean?
I fell asleep after reading Chronicles tonight. Gives me some time alone with God I guess. I've just not been able to stay on task very well this week. After setting goals last week, rather ironic!
I did get the garage cleaned out...things I had stacked. Never have gotten to mopping or the laundry room. Only so many weeks in a row God can grace you to complete your least favorite tasks on time I suppose! He's been good while I've been sick. Time for me to pick up the slack on my own again.
I think I need a good fiction novel or something. Too much!
Me
Well...I have a feeling I should have called this the grip category. Generally speaking, it better be Psalm-like. You know, David gripes and feels like the world is caving in for 30 verses, and the 31, he proclaims, "But, praise be to God who always leads us into triumph through Christ Jesus our Lord!" Oh. Paul said that?
Anyway. You get the point.
Today? God leads. I follow. He's not there. Game of chace.
Cat and mouse.
As C.S. Lewis calls is in Chronicles of Narnia, a game of "Tig", which my son and I only assume means "tag".
Tonight was Bible Study. I think our trusty leader thought this week's content overall too involved and heavy for us as I did doing it...we digressed most of the night to minutia.
Left me a little frustrated, seeing the importance of the content and how I struggled throught it, both in life, and in the study. "Reconciliation". "Evaluation with Friends". Wow. Have a week like we've had, busy, stressful, late nights, and add some thoughts of God's standards for reconciliation and throw your spouse a relationship evaluation quiz you are both supposed to lovingly fill out. Geez. Just kill me now.
Not that I don't WANT to know. I just don't want to know.
Know what I mean?
I fell asleep after reading Chronicles tonight. Gives me some time alone with God I guess. I've just not been able to stay on task very well this week. After setting goals last week, rather ironic!
I did get the garage cleaned out...things I had stacked. Never have gotten to mopping or the laundry room. Only so many weeks in a row God can grace you to complete your least favorite tasks on time I suppose! He's been good while I've been sick. Time for me to pick up the slack on my own again.
I think I need a good fiction novel or something. Too much!
Me







